Monday, October 25, 2010

Hail to Herinteractive!! 23rd Installment Review



First and foremost , allow me to congratulate all the Herinteractive team involves in the making of the Nancy Drew's 23rd installment : Shadows at the Water's Edge.. FINALLY! Nancy Drew game has returned to it's exciting form.. I have long to play one since Curse of Blackmoor Manor.. Not that the other after that are bad (some are decent enough , I personally love Ransom of the seven ships and Legend of Crystal Skull) , but for some reason the games after Curse of Blackmoor Manor lack a certain umph .. Be it the lack of suspense , thriller factor , lengthy game plot , characters ,etc.. But no matter , Shadows at the Water's Edge should bring the glory back.. So , Yayyy to the ever so awesome Herinteractive team!!


Okay.. enuff of me babbling .. My first reaction to the game when I saw the trailer I was in immediate awe and couldn't content my excitement to play this game and when I finally be able to finish one , man , I feel like my life is complete.. Okay , that's a bit over the top connotation but seriously I am blown away by it .. So , here are some of the good and bad of the game :


PRO :

1) Suspense / Thriller Factor

Oooo yeah.. It is happening .. You are going to encounter one of these gruesome entity when you LEAST expected it.. When it did , I was like stopped breathing for a few second in horrified .. What was that???? And the soundtracks are also proved to add some spookiness quality in the game .. You will also occasionally being haunted by some eerie sounds around the ryokan ..

2) Lengthy Game
Unlike the previous games (after Curse of Blackmoor Manor) , I believe this one is quite lengthy and there are lots of thing to do .. The story flows brilliantly .. Though you might get stuck (not knowing what to do next , you can always go back and forth of the ryokan or convention centre and somewhere along there , you will advance ..

3) Puzzles / Mini Game
There are enuff puzzles and mini games to keep you occupied (if you want a star at the end of the game) .. I must say that I was okay with the puzzles though some of them have make me tapping my brains out to get it through .. But that's okay.. I love the challenge .. (LIAR! :-D )


CONS :

1) Puzzles
It griefs me to say this .. Alas , I found some of the puzzles are quite hard .. I have to google for some spoiler to get it finished ..

2) Where's the ghost hunter????
I thought I would meet the ghost hunter in this one considering the status of the surrounding.. I haven't meet one (except for the one who retires and we talk only on the phone) which btw is ridiculous..

3) Not enuff apparition
Sure , the atmosphere is spooky and you might encounter one or two shadowy figures but I WANT AN APPARITION!!! Like one in the trailer.. ?? There are not enuff apparition to keep me scare..


So , there's basically my review of pros and cons of the game .. Am I loving it? O-YES! Hate it? No.. except for the frame puzzle though.. I am so wish that Nancy would just tear the frame in spite of frustration.. hahahhaha! So , if you guys want to get scared , feel free to download the game here
Install them and have a good scare time!!

I would like to thank you for NOVITACHU for making it happen.. Huhuhuhu.. I truly am grateful that you post the game .. XOXO to you.. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment