Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Day at SMDS PART 1

My first day of work today~ Yayyyy!!

I'm quite nervous as it's been quite a while since the last I've been working for a major company.. Alhamdulillah.. so far , it's a good day for me..

5.15 AM

*my h/p alarm went off.. I was awake at the time , but.... falled right to sleep again :-D considering how cold it is early in the morning..

5.46 AM

SHOOT!! I'm late!! I quickly called Moushie , and rushed myself to the bathroom.. wowowoo.. I can't believe myself .. My first day at the big company and I'm already late.. :-( Luckily I already prepared my clothes , and things that needed to be brought last night... NOTE TO SELF : Go on get myself ready as soon as I wake up..!

6.15 AM

Waiting for Moushie.. The view today was spectacular.. I didn't notice how nice it is out here.. (busted for being a sleepy head.. :-D ) The sky was like that off the painting.. Very nice.. And there were canes flying across the sky.. (er.. I mean cane as in bird.. not the cane that like sugar cane or that off the elderly used)

6.50 AM

I'm arrived at Shell MDS.. lots of contractors in green coverall (standard color coding for contractor's coverall) but I haven't notice anyone who wears something like me.. Unlike in MLNG where you could notice everyone right away.. But not here.. hmm...

I got passed the security .. The security here is also friendly.. The one that I met is a local.. Even chatted with me a little bit and is surprised with the fact that I'm a local but couldn't speak any word of local dialect (which is Melanau Bintulu..) :-D

Thank goodness that I remember where the PTA office is and it safe me some time to get there as I was already late... muhuhuhu.. When I already at the office , there were only a few staffs there.. Hmmm.. as what I've thought.. 7AM is a tad too early for someone to start working.. :-D hihihihi.. I sat at the table just infront of the meeting room (which was also the venue of my interview with Mr. Dave and Ryan..) and sat there for ahout an hour before Ryan arrived.. I met few colleagues : Amin and Ho.. Very friendly people.. There were also a few but still haven't introduce myself properly to them..

8.15 AM

Ryan arrived meaning I will start working! But wait... I don't have a smart card yet.. Yes , you heard it right.. You need a smart card to use a pc here in SMDS.. So , after everything's ready , I'm all set for any given task.. Surprisingly.. :

Ryan : So, has everything set up just right?
Me : Yup..
Ryan : Good .. Now you can surf the net..
Me : *speechless or rather jump myself in joy :-D*

It's 9.21 AM right now and I'm blogging right from my desk at work.. :-D Still awaiting for any task for me to do , but Ryan said today I will just sit there by myself and get familiar with the system --> polite way to say go rest yourself.. :-D

Music to my ear..

No comments:

Post a Comment