Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Day Job Versus My Passion

** off from Chrisbrogan's of 100 blog topics I hope YOU write**

Okay , a lot of people nowadays do not choose their career path base on what their actual liking, but rather on what offers the higher salary and provides more benefits throughout the future.. Well, I'm one of them.. Once , I've been hit by my fiance , Moushie of a question that somewhat make me go from twinkling mode to BLANK and that's --> "What do you really want to become?"

To be honest I'm not quite sure.. Why? Because :

a) I have wasted 3 years of my life for my diploma in engineering , but did it benefits me? NO! I ended up in a career path that WAYYYYYYYYYYY different from what I've learn in college.. I'm not saying that it really wasted my time , but I sorta didn't applied it more than 60% in my working basis...

b) One no longer can be picky on his/her job.. Plus , it's a DOG EAT DOG world out there.. Every body's struggle in their life to make money and ideal jobs come a little too unrealistic at this time of life.. So , not to risk myself having to sit all day doing nothing and gain nothing at home , I choose to get up and work my butt off to earn myself some money.. No matter what job it is.. (as long as it's HALAL)

c) I'm a bit uncertain about my goal of life... Frankly , it's been quite a while since I draw a "LIFE MAP" in my mind...

Not that I'm complaining but my job right now is pretty much good enough for me already.. Enough to spare me some money and also perhaps some experience to gain .. Right now , I'm a PTA Manager clerk at Shell MDS .. Although I'm only going to start to work next Tuesday the 4th.. :-D But , I have a lot of faith for this one , while I'm a bit nervous 'coz I will directly report to a foreign Boss --> A Scottish.. :-D Hopefully I could do my best up to his standard ..

Being an admin isn't actually demanding , if you ask me.. Except when your boss is a pain in the neck that is.. Then you have things to worry.. But , so far , I have not experience any difficulties that prevent me from performing decently .. Well , there was one time when I work at one place.. The boss was SO frigging annoying .. I don't believe that a clerk also has the responsibility to clean up the toilet , right?? Urgh.. that person is too cheap to hire a cleaner!

But you ask , what do I really like to do..? Well... Speaking of what interest me , they are couple of things I wanted to share (that include some of the unrealistic one , according to my fiance.. hehehehhe..)

a) I love computer games so much especially ones about adventure.. So , I wanted to be a game tester.. If there is a job for a game tester.. Oh , wait.. there is one! But , none in Malaysia.. They have bunch of game developers that would hire game tester to test their product before the game would actually being sold to the public.. Wouldn't it be cool to be the first person ever to test the game before everybody else in the world? DANG!

b) Also , for the love of computer games , I would like to publish my own PC Game magazine , especially on adventure games.. A lot of pc game magazine out there are about macho-wacho games that I don't dig at all , and also this whole online game thingy (a.k.a something like Ragnarok.. blech!) No offense to people who love them , but not me.. Huhuhuhu.. The lack of publishing something that also related to girl gamers like myself that enjoy adventure games like Nancy Drew series , Black Mirror , etc make me want to have a magazine that would satisfied the need our crave for more info of other games than that macho wacho crap.. :-D

c) I like baking.. One day , if I have the money I would love to open a Pâtisserie , which is a sweet shop in French.. Although I may not really that talented , but I can absolutely bake something decent..

Something like this... Very nice , right? (^,^)v

d) I love something that involves creativity , like design banners , cards and everything like that.. To bad I don't have any basic in graphic design , otherwise I would consider myself enrolled in any graphic company..

So , there you go.. Things that I passionate about , but don't have the way , or the money to make it happen .. Although the (c) one is pretty much dream that could comes true if I really put some thought into it.. Hmmm.. may be one day if I have much money , I could open a sweet shop with my name on it , and of course with sweets that I baked.. ;-)

Hehehheeh..

No comments:

Post a Comment