Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rainbow cuppies~!

Oh.. I completely forgot about this.. Last 2 days, I'm making a rainbow cupcakes!! They're actually for my niece's birthday on the 29th and I thought since I have lots of free time in my hand , why not baked her some.. 

I used my friend's white chocolate cake recipe for this.. Although the cake doesn't have the right amount of white chocolate taste (probably to insufficient amount of white choc. added in the batter, thanks to the skeptical me) and somehow quite watery batter , it turns out alright.. I even have compliments from my husband Moushie, who btw doesn't hold for sweet foods..

The recipe is as follows : 

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate,chopped
1/2 cup hot water
1 cup butter,softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the 2 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.In small saucepan, melt 6 ounces white chocolate and hot water over low heat. Stir until smooth, and allow to cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Mix in melted white chocolate.

*Click HERE for simple and tasty buttercream frosting*

The batter however is just plain white so feel free to use your creativity and imagination as to add colors to it.. Mine would definitely be RAINBOW ! ^_^


 Before frosting.. 

I tested it right after it's out of the oven.. Burned my tongue.. ....serve me rite.. 







 I have one last night..




 B for Best! :-D
It looks kinda shaky since I already lost all my skills in decorating cupcakes.. T_T







Lastly..  My favorite part! nom-nom-nom~ ah.. delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment