Monday, March 19, 2012

You're under arrest, Nancy!

 Oh Nancy.. what have you done..?

*gasp* whattt?? Nancy being arrested??? Yup.. In its 25th installment, Herinteractive has brought an exciting perspective in Nancy Drew game where the game revolves in finding the culprit with the help of her trusted friends , in her hometown .. while being captive.. :-D Sounds quite handful rite..? 

Before downloading this , I read a few reviews about the game and a lot of them are pretty grumpy with the fact that the game doesn't provide an efficient length and most of them solved it in under 3-4 hours average.. (Woooooo.. lucky them!) I try my best not to get affected and stay clear-headed (without bias) and play it on my own terms.. 

And what do you know.. I actually LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! Although I can't see the real Ned (uh, I bet he's helplessly gorgeous..) but I thoroughly enjoy being him in the game.. As well as both Bess and George.. but George wasn't really "functioning" efficiently in the game because for me she doesn't have necessary "charm" that both Bess and Ned have to "dig" the dirt of the River Heights community.. :-P But I like her though for being there for Nancy.. 

Okay, I lay down the things I like for Nancy Drew - Alibi In Ashes : 

  • The storyline and plot were actually very good.. You couldn't keep guessing who's the real culprit until you're in 3/4 of the game.. (at least I am..) 
  • Puzzles are relatively varied from solvable to quite hard.. :-D 
  • You've got to see Nancy's bedroom! I love it! She did keep it pretty neat! (oh, a spoiler.. you have to read Ned's letter to Nancy.. So SWEET!) 
  • There are various characters with different personalities and definitely different motives in the game..
  • This is the first time in the game that you have to actually switch protagonist in order to gain information from the suspects..
There are not so much that I didn't like about the game.. The fact that I can't explore River Heights more (can't go to the park or hit the mall.. ) is a bummer.. I think Herinteractive should at least include may be one extra features where player can relax in the mall or at the park to chill.. Also, they should have made George more interact-able.. Huhuhuhu.. I know she's a hard gal and all but she gotta has her own charm right? 

So.. that's my review for the latest Nancy Drew.. I give it 8 and a half stars out of 10.. ;-) Worth downloading it.. And now awaiting for the next installment coming this April : Tomb of the Lost Queen.. I love it when we going abroad again and now it's going to be in Egypt! Mummies , encrypted messages in holographic , curses.. Very intriguing! CAN'T WAITTTTT!!!!

Looks like we're going to experience some "The Mummies" scene! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment