Monday, November 29, 2010

Makeup oh Makeup..

Have you ever come across a picture of a model with flawless feature and gorgeous make-up , and you wondering why you are nothing like her..? Well.. You not alone.. :-) I am too sometimes feel a little insecure of myself looking less than perfect.. I would beat myself up on the idea of why I would never look good in make-up..?

I'm gonna admit that I am at no way an expert when it comes to subject MAKE UP.. The only make-up I put on when I go out would be some moisturizer, press powder, lip gloss and a mascara.. If I have time I would put on some eyeliner or may be a bit and subtle eye shadow.. That's it.. No foundation , loose powder , primer , bronzer , blusher or any fancy-schmancy stuff you heard on the magazine.. The only fancy thing I bought would be a pore smoother I got on sale , which as they claim would matte your face (whatever that means..)

I have few former work colleagues that swear would never gone out of their home without putting on any make-up .. And some even willing to get up as early as 5.30 am just to put on their make-up before going to work (which btw start at 7.30am)..

The make-up result varies from one to another.. Some have a barely there make-up (I am) , moderate one and some even masked their face like a geisha.. (I'm talking EXTREMELY COVERED IN MAKE-UP) .. I'm not against someone who put so much make-up on their face , in fact , if it's what would make they feel confident , I respect that.. It's just that sometimes I feel slightly uncomfortable.. especially when that person is trying to "convert" you to be just like her..


And one more thing that bugs me out is make-up when you get married.. It's a woman DILEMMA whenever she'll get married.. I mean , you have to look different from everyday look , but also you DO NOT wanna look silly on your wedding day.. I have witnessed some of the brides who have quite a disaster make-up on their face and I was wondering "what the hell that they are thinking??" What I meant by disaster is , you look nothing like yourself.. You have like literally putting a mask in your face.. and worst , your husband to be not knowing that it is actually YOU! What's the meaning of a wedding if a groom would not recognize you??


Which has brought me into a conclusion that LESS is MORE.. I have learn from few experiences that whenever I put on much make-up on my face , I would turn out very silly.. (Oh , yes it is very silly) And I stressed this idea to myself until the day I get married.. I will find me a mak andam that willing to make me look beautiful without loosing myself .. means subtle makeup.. Like this --->
and without looking like this --->
See what I meant..? ;-) Okay , it might not be fair for me to compare a celebrity but , you get the idea.. :-D

So , next time you stress out when you have seen people wearing so much makeup and you feel nothing compare to them , well , just remember that beauty is not only by appearances.. You can be beauty through being happy and feeling good about yourself.. Sometimes whatever we see in magazine is not as great as we thought it would.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment