Friday, November 12, 2010

The Walking Dead

Be very-very afraid..

I like zombie movies , be it the funny or the gore and horror one.. There's something about "survival" thing that made my adrenaline go rushing to my vein.. (okay.. that's a bit over the top connotation)

My friend Am has introduced a tv series which is called "Walking Dead".. I found 2 complete episode and downloaded them.. My first impression of the series is this one moving a bit slow.. I mean , if you are going to be the first one to make a hit series about zombies and stuff , you better get rid of too much "lagging-intro" .. I don't want to expose a spoiler here but , I gotta tell you the 1st introduction of the series showing the protagonist discussing about marriage issues is not going to cut it... I just forward the whole damn conversation to the part when one of the protagonist got shot and ended up in a deserted hospital..

As far as the zombies , I'm impressed .. I like the "intelligent" part of the zombies where they actually can run quite fast when they are hungry and they can actually "think".. Like when the survivors are all trapped in the mall , one of the zombie tried to get in by smashing the glass door with a brick.. And I like the fact that the zombie isn't too slow and not too fast in movement aspect.. Hate the walkers in the "28 weeks later" movie where all of them run like athletes.. Hell! How would you pass zombies with dripping blood , look sickly hungry and chasing ridiculously fast like that??? EVEN Watson Nyambek would say 'Hell no!'

Overall , despite its sluggish introduction and lack of serious zombie-chasing scene , I'm going to stick around for this series.. *am waiting for episode 3 to be uploaded*

No comments:

Post a Comment