Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oyakodon tragedy...

This morning I got up and decided to cook something other than maggi.. Kinda sick of myself eating that damn thing every morning.. So , there I was in the kitchen as usual messing around which what I thought I was cooking "oyakodon".. Oyakodon is a Japanese rice dish consists of half cook egg (kinda look like scramble egg in gooey form) , chicken , onions , a few seasoning (I don't have granulated dashi , so I used instead a tsp of chicken stock cube) and soy sauce.. Actually the recipe calls for sake and mirin but since I'm a Muslim and I cannot consume alcohol so I skip these two ingredients ..

Okay , I finish cooking , add the dish on top of cold rice (am too lazy to cook fresh cooked rice early in the morning) and about to clean the dishes .. and I saw my CHICKEN! Damn! I forgot to put the chicken in the oyakodon!! So , don't wanna waste it , I cook another oyakodon but without the onions.. To be honest , this second attempt to add just chicken is a total failure.. I can see through the colour.. the texture if you call it is just weird..... unlike the first oyakodon that I cook.. But , heck , I think I just go ahead and eat them.. (although I am worried of the taste and worried that it would ended up in the trash bin..)

AND... as I would've thought... the taste is..... bad..... Yes , I screwed it.. Officially.. huhuhuhu.. ;_* But again , u learn from mistake , right.. So , here's the thought of the day : NEVER cook any new dish without looking at the recipe .. And DOUBLE CHECK 'em!

Below would be the supposed oyakodon breakfast.... Be advised though.. if you have a weak stomach , please do not see the picture.. :-D


Don't say I didn't warned you....

2 comments: