Monday, November 22, 2010

Salad-ing

I just learn a new recipe today~ I watch a video from Chris Crocker (okay , I admit I find him entertaining.. especially when he goes a bit wacky.. ) and he share one of his "signature recipe" on youtube called "Fry Salad".. Believe me , when I saw him prepare those salad , I can feel my saliva drooling from my mouth.. It is look tasty.. Since I'm pretty much hungry at that time , I give this recipe a shot..
This is the finished product.. Look pretty good rite?

Okay.. What you basically need is :

Butterhead Lettuce (as many as you care to throw on your plate)
Sliced almonds (if you haven't got any , just use whatever nuts you have)
Red onion (its taste a bit overwhelming and pungent so , slice the onion thinly)
Fries (fried one of course or if you're lazy enough to fry some , get some from a fast food restaurant)
Cheese (originally the recipe calls for feta cheese but since I don't have it , I used cheddar)
Dressing of your choice (I'm using barbecue sauce.. I don't care what y'all saying about adding up calories to the salad but I like my salad this way.. Plus , you ain't going to see me eating that much veggies if you put usual , boring dressing on it)

Of course you could customize some of the ingredients yourself.. You can throw some chicken (if you are a meat eater like me) or may be can add in some cereal like Chris does..

Hope y'all enjoy the recipe as I do.. and happy salad-ing! ☺~


Oh ya.. last weekend , my sister-in-law and me were baking this sweet called "Apam".. It's basically like cupcakes but instead of baking it in the oven , we steamed it.. And we add some ice-cream sodas in place of butter.. It is very tasty and fluffy.. I might try it again , some other time and share the recipe.. ;-)

Very rainbowy.. I love it..~

No comments:

Post a Comment